Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Temple Dancer

I took a wonderful online class through joggles.com in October.  The artist was Barbara Schoenoff and the project was a soft sculpture doll - the Temple Dancer.  I set it aside for a while because of, well, life, but I just completed her and here she is!
She stands about 18 inches tall and is sewn, stuffed and embellished with yarns, threads and beads.  I added wrapped wire and charms.  I've never sewn anything like this.  So I was thrilled when she came together relatively easily.  I had trouble with the hands and ended up sculpting them in polymer clay.
I highly recommend looking at classes offered through joggles.com, especially with this artist!  The instructions were great and easy to follow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment