Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Meanwhile Over at Art Forty-Two

I joined this artist's site called Art Forty-Two.  Members host swaps and round robin art projects.  I checked out this one with Twinchies.  Ever heard of Twinchies?
They are 2" x 2" Artist Trading Cards!
The one above is my Grandmother and her friends.  Marie Moon was a photographer and painter.
She took some wonderful photos of her friends goofing off!
The next one is my Grandpa, Warren Simmons and his brother, John.
This one is my Dad on a transport ship.  He was in the Army Air Corps.  He's in the front row, all the way up on the right.
This is my mom when she was eighteen.  What a looker!
My dad went to college in Boulder, Colorado.  He made this smoking robot for some kind of engineer's event.  He went on to work on the space program and finally in robotics.
 
This was taken on my parent's honeymoon.
One of the cool things is that you can put a surprise decoration on the back that's only for the person who receives it to see.  So, the idea is that I send in these seven twinchies and I get back seven twinchies by other artists.  I can't wait to get them!  They even have Inchies!  Who knew!?

No comments:

Post a Comment