Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Fuzzy Chocolate Chip Cookie Flip Flops

Okay, think about it for a minute, but who wouldn't want to have chocolate chip cookies on their fluffy flip flops!

I knitted a scarf with this lovely eyelash yarn and just never used it, soooo...I used some of it on the pink crown (still in progress) and some of it was used on these shoes.  Why, you ask, would I do such a thing?  Well, these are a pair of Speedos that I bought a few years back when they were making the supports hard enought so they didn't flatten out.  They were awesome shoes that didn't hurt my back.  Yea!  But, the straps stretched and they were hard to keep on.  Do you see where I'm going with this?  I knew you would.
I wrapped the scarf around the straps.  Now, I didn't want them to look like slippers, so I sewed the cookie button on.  Unfortunately, the fluff was too long and hid the buttons.  They got a hair cut today and I think they are much better!  I don't know if I'm finished yet, though.  They may require some sparkle!

3 comments:

  1. Hey twinkle toes! You won the mystery soup! Email me with your favorite styles, colors, etc, and your mailing address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I won the mystery soup! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very cool, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete