Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Soul Collage

I am the one who may or may not be following the rules today

Have you heard of SoulCollage?
"Originated by Seena Frost, SoulCollage® is a process for accessing your intuition and creating an incredible deck of cards with deep personal meaning that will help you with life's questions and transitions."

My dear friend Beth Latture is a facilitator and introduced me to the process.  It's really a wonderful inner journey.  Each card is a collage of images and no text.  Why no text?  As I understand it, you want to be able to connect to the energetic expression of that card. What do I recognize as part of me in the images?  Each card has a name that begins: I am the one...

I am the one who honors artistic inspirations. 

So, for instance, if I were to have a question and drew the card above I would look at the images of my clay work and know that, even when following an artistic inspiration until that part of my journey intersects with another and the old falls away - It's about me, but it's not ME.    I made those hand built clay boxes for several years.  I did lots of art sales, and, though folks admired them, I sold very few.  In my view they were not successful to anyone but me, but I followed it all the way, loving every moment of creating.

What does that mean?  I would allow the images to speak to my question.   And they will.  It might not have anything to do with making art, but it will have to do with honoring inspirations.
I am the one who understands attachment
Creating the cards is a natural high - pulling image after image from piles of them - acting on pure instinct and the results are stunning, when you see what you've put together and understand how it plugs in.

I am the one who grieves
This one is a digital collage from a series that I called "Going Home"  It combined whimsy with things that represent comfort and a cemetery background.  It may seem odd, but this card is my view of the death of the physical body. Whimsy is my life line, when I let it be.

Have a wonderful, whimsy filled weekend!


6 comments:

  1. What a fascinating process. Your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! I just love getting your posts in my email, Jessica!

      Delete
  2. Wow, your work is amazing and beautiful!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I'm so glad you did because I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candace- what you do with clay is amazing. In fact what you do with everything is... I love the collage with the doughnut. When I think about it- maybe we are going to the same place because those things are on my list too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eileen! I KNEW we were kindred spirits!

      Delete