Welcome to my blog!
It's all about whimsy, art and Halloween!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Days of Halloween - Day 8 - Boot Hill Pumpkins



It's day 8 of Smeared and Smudged Forum's 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop! 

Below are all the fabulous bloggers:
One whole week of Halloween projects has me feeling over the moon! This one is a spin off of my Fall Pumpkins project at Cool2Craft.com. Hubby cut extra pumpkins and I think I could go on forever with the decorating ideas!

Materials:
Fall Pumpkin Template
8" x 16" x 1" thick piece of pine
Jigsaw
Sand paper 600 grit
Paint - I used black acrylics
Decorative Paper
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue Scissors
Print out the template, trace on wood and cut out.Paint black and allow to dry.
Sand the pumpkins lightly.
Cut decorative paper and glue on the pumpkins.I've had this paper for ages and have been guarding it carefully. It's glittery and I just love it! This is a big step for me. Do you have precious papers? Papers that are too special to use for just any project?

26 comments:

  1. Super fun projects. Love your pumpkins, beautiful paper, I can see whay you were holding onto it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderfully spooky are those home decor pieces. I love them. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and ultra clever. I LUV them :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...these pumpkins are way COOL! thanks for sharing how you made them...i want to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool pumpkins!!! Thanks for the tutorial~only problem is that my DH won't let me near the power tools :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! It can be done easily on a scroll saw! Thanks Silvia!

      Delete
  6. Nice pumpkins and lovely to have an assistant to help with the cutting. I use the Dremel scroll saw and am learning to use the big buzzy one too. Don't know if it's a specific kind - definitely not a table saw -those scare the s*** out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pumpkins! Kudos for busting into your special stack of papers. I have papers that are too pretty to use as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would a special stash of your favorite papers, Lady B!

      Delete
  8. Fab project! Always enjoy looking at your creations.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative!!! I would scatter these pumpkins on my stairway to the second floor along with some rubber rats and fake crows..providing a pretty scene on the steps while inhibiting 2nd floor wanderers at my party. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing, I love the colours and the silhouettes what a brilliant idea, love them
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your boot hill pumpkins turned out just great, and so awesome how you made them!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete